Road Trip! Part Six: The Reunion

 My Aunt Irene's Celebration of Life was hosted in June by Cousin Rod and his wife, Darcy, at their family horse ranch in Colorado.  It's called The Lazy V Colt Training.  Here's a link to their Facebook Page:

  Lazy V Colt Training and Horse Sales

It was super-hot that day, but I was so happy to see some of my dad's side of the family for the first time in many years.  I can't wait to go back and spend some time there!












Rod and Rhonda did a nice eulogy, I laughed and cried all the way through it.
























Rod is spreading Irene's ashes in the same pasture where they spread her husband (my Uncle Joe)'s ashes when he passed.  Together again.














Irene was an amazing person and she and Joe are missed very much.  They moved to Newport in the early 90s to help my dad Howdy build and launch The Belle of Newport.  I was very lucky to have them here and I enjoyed a lot of fun times with them during that period.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marshmallow farm?

Road Trip! Part Seven: The Rocky Mountains

Agate Windows