Road Trip! Part Eight: The Tetons

 From Denver, we headed up to Moran, Wyoming for a glimpse of the Tetons with their fresh layer of snow.  Here are some of the shots I got the day we arrived.











We got up early the next morning and went horseback riding.  It was 23 degrees! What a blast!!  


There's a magpie on the curb saying, "Good Morning!"




Lots of horse's asses... 






The horse ranch life... hot coffee, chewing tobacco and cigarettes, and lots of horses.  They have a herd of 130 horses and mules.  What fun!  Here is a link to the outfit we went with:  Grand Teton and Jackson Hole Horseback Riding - Teton Horseback Adventures


This is Holly, the mare I rode. She really didn't like having her cinch tightened, but she was a really nice ride.


And this is Little Snort and Margaret.



Our lovely guide, Georgia.  She did a great job.  She HAS a great job!



I loved riding Holly, she listened to me really well.  What a beautiful girl.



Georgia took some shots of us at the top of the rise with the Tetons in the distance.


Thanks, pardner!




The creek was really high, it was mid-June and there was a lot of snow melt.  The creek crossings were exciting!



Another group going the other direction.




What amazing views, I can't wait to go back to the Tetons!



This was as close as we got to Yellowstone.  The day before, the roads washed out from all the snow melt.  So, I'll definitely need to go back and see it.  We had to cross it off the list, but I am so glad we weren't there when the roads washed out, we'd have been trapped!  So we drove down the other side of the Tetons, around Yellowstone Park.





A lovely backdrop for a show dog portrait.









I really didn't take pictures on the rest of the way home; I was getting tired, and it was a little boring after the Rockies and the Tetons.  We saw the lava fields as we drove across Idaho, and then across Oregon to home.  What an amazing trip!  It whetted my appetite for travel again and gave me a real case of wanderlust!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marshmallow farm?

Road Trip! Part Seven: The Rocky Mountains

Karissa and Chicho