Sweet!

As I mentioned here, I recently rejoined the Oregon Coast Chorus of Sweet Adelines, and last night we sang at the annual Barbershop Festival in Yachats at the Commons.

It was a great show, with lots of great men's barbershop from the Eugene Cascade Chorus, their quartets Social Insecurity and Four Over Forty and the Coastal Aires Chorus from Newport.

I got some pics before we went on stage, here are my favorites.

Trisha sings with the chorus and with two ensembles as well. She is an awesome baritone and my section leader. She rocks!
Monica and Chelsie chattin before the show.
Group chat: Kathy, Carla, Evelyn, Margaret and Marguerite catchin up.
This is Miss Jo on the left, and Miss Chrissie on the right. They will both become nonagenarians this year. Jo is 90 in February (next week) and Chrissie will be 90 in May. They are both a lot of fun, and have had very interesting lives. I want to be just like them when I grow up.
Ellen, Chrissie and Sue sharing a smile.
Miss Betty and Miss Jo. Exceptional women.
After the show, the Yachats Lions Club hosted an Afterglow with food and more singing. We had a great time!
I'm glad I've been able to find the time this winter to rejoin, the new director Krista Johnson has been doing an awesome job with us, and she is a very impressive young woman. One of the young 'uns of the group, only in her early thirties, she holds a masters degree in music education and a doctorate in music theory. She really knows her stuff and she is full of energy and enthusiasm.
What a fun hobby!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Road Trip! Part Seven: The Rocky Mountains

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Agate Windows