Another boat ride

I was planning to go home and mow my yard last night after work but I got a much better offer. My friend Stu invited me for a ride on his boat, so Freckles and I hopped aboard in Toledo and we zipped down the river to Newport. It was a gorgeous evening, warm and sunny with very little wind, so we had a really nice ride. It was a first for Freckles and she took it all in stride. We saw some gorgeous scenery, of course, and the brown pelicans are here en masse.

They were busy preening and it does not look like an easy task with those long bills.

This was the scene as we headed back to Toledo, trying to beat the darkness. It was extraordinary.

Another busy weekend coming up, enjoy your holiday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marshmallow farm?

Road Trip! Part Seven: The Rocky Mountains

Agate Windows