2010 - what a year.

My mom was always so good about reminding me to post on this blog, she wanted to see the newest pics of what I'd been doing. My apologies for not posting for a while.

She passed away on November 2nd after having surgery to insert a rod into her femur, which because of her osteoporosis had been broken by the tumor growing inside it. She was anticipating radiation on that tumor and another on her upper arm bone after she'd recovered from the surgery. The tumors were very painful and she couldn't undergo radiation with the broken femur. Anyway, I miss her very much. Thank you to everyone who expressed condolences.
On December 14th, my beautiful Lucky was apparently struck by lightning in the pasture and was killed. I am grateful that he was a big part of my life for 13 years. We had so much fun together at the beach and in the woods, he just loved to go exploring. I adored this exceptional horse and my heart is truly broken at his passing.
Lots more difficult and distressing events happened in 2010 as well... they have seriously tried my optimism. Of course it hasn't been all bad, many good things happened as well, and for the most part it was a pretty good year. The events at the end of it have been hard to take. I am so glad to see this year come to a close. Looking forward to 2011 being a much better year, and can't help but wonder what the Universe has in mind for me after the huge life changing events of this year.
So here's to an awesome and amazing 2011. Cheers!

Comments

  1. I really like your blog, your honesty and insights were moving. I can understand your curiosity about what the universe has lined up for you next, after the life changing events that occurred so suddenly at the end. It has been a stressful year for me too. I am hoping for all of our sakes that things will turnaround a bit. The pictures are beautiful; thanks for sharing! Annie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Road Trip! Part Seven: The Rocky Mountains

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Agate Windows