Into the forest

My friend Brooke likes to hunt elk with a bow and arrow... and she let me tag along with her yesterday. What an awesome trip. We traipsed around in the woods for a little over four hours. Didn't see any elk, or even have any respond to her calls like they had the two previous days but it was great anyway. Miss Brooke caught me hugging a tree.
We stopped and took a sandwich break after a couple of hours...Miss Brooke the mighty Huntress...
We saw some pretty mushrooms but left them alone...
Saw some others and took them home to eat! Yum. Chanterelles. The forest is so beautiful and peaceful and amazing. This little picture doesn't do it justice.
Checking out whether to go down the hill or not...
I was even able to get some yard work done yesterday after we got home, and this is what my artichokes look like... almost ready to eat! Maybe with some Chanterelles...
I hope you had an awesome Labor Day weekend... now it's back to work! Doesn't feel like work when you love your job like I do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marshmallow farm?

Road Trip! Part Seven: The Rocky Mountains

Agate Windows