Rocky Beach

Freckles and I took advantage of the nice weather, and the fact that we were in Newport this afternoon to hit our favorite spot of shoreline. I don't really think of it as a beach this time of year because it is completely scrubbed free of sand. The upper shoreline near the bank is smaller rocks, where I find agates and pretty jaspers, and the closer to the ocean you get, the rockier it gets, and more solid. Very beautiful.

These were taken with my cell phone and have a wonderful watercolor effect to them.

Miss Freckles loves our trips to the ocean.

As I was standing there on the rocks, drinking in the sunshine and the gorgeous place I that was in, a bald eagle flew directly over my head toward the south. I watched as he wheeled around and dropped nearly into the surf before pulling back up and continuing on. And I think to myself, what a wonderful world...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Road Trip! Part Seven: The Rocky Mountains

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Agate Windows