Goodbye, June - Hello, July!

Wow, the last day of June already. It's been a busy week. I'm involved with the Toledo Chamber of Commerce on the board of directors. We have lots of fun events in the works and are spending a lot of time and effort to make sure they are successful. Visit the Chamber's website here. And come on out to Toledo and enjoy some of these great events! Or even better, volunteer to help out!

I was privileged to provide coverage for a 60th birthday party last weekend. Unbeknownst to me, the honoree was one of my teachers in the 6th grade at what was Central School in Newport. That building now houses Newport's City Hall. It was really nice to see her again and meet her family and friends. Then that evening I provided coverage for Newport High School's class of 1956 50-year reunion. Ironically, I was in the class of 1981 at that same school, which was 25 years ago.

I was finally convinced by the speakers at the PPO seminar earlier this month that there are some real benefits to capturing images using a different file format called RAW. This also includes using the most recent version of Photoshop, with an additional program called Adobe Bridge. Well, my 6-year old computer is just not able to handle all these huge image files and run the Bridge software. So. I contacted the guys at JnR Computers in Newport and asked them what they can do for me. And boy, were they ever helpful. So they are building me a new CPU with dual Pentium 900-series processors and an amazing amount of RAM and hard drive space. I'm really looking forward to being able to edit images in real time, not spending all day waiting for the computer to catch up with me. I'm also looking forward to being able to offer my clients their images in slideshows on DVD. Woo Hoo! New toys. I mean... Tools.

I also recently set up the capability for my clients to view and order prints of their images online. I have so many clients who are not local, so providing printed proofs was not really an option for them. I like it so far. I hope you do too! I'm also offering images 8x10 and larger either mounted (at no extra charge) or printed on canvas and mounted on stretcher frames. The canvas is more expensive, but also makes for a really neat, artful effect. Great for the big prints, framed or not.

I'm going to have a booth at the Lincoln County Fair this year, July 13th through the 16th. I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new people and letting you see what I can do for you in the areas of portraiture and events coverage. You'll also be able to see what the big prints look like in person. I hope to see you there!

Eric and I will be celebrating our 3rd anniversary on the 4th of July. We're planning on a 3-hour boat ride that night to watch the fireworks over Yaquina Bay. I'm really looking forward to that.

Happy 4th of July!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marshmallow farm?

Road Trip! Part Seven: The Rocky Mountains

Agate Windows