A memorable trip

As I mentioned in my previous post, my dad turned 82 on Sunday, so a bunch of us piled into a minivan and drove to Salem to take a ride on the Willamette Queen, formerly the Belle of Newport (not to be confused with the Newport Belle, which is currently a B&B in Newport). This is the Willamette Queen as she looks today.
My dad and the Captain/Owner in the wheelhouse.
Here's dad in the wheelhouse with one of his favorite things in life...
And here with the other as well... beer and cigarettes. You rarely see him without one or the other, or both.
His adorable girlfriend, Alma Lee...
His second-born daughter and my half-sister, Shari...
And with Shari's son Scott.
Long-time friend Jimmy Higgins was our chauffer...
And dad's sister Irene joined in the fun as well.
Yours truly in the wheelhouse...
This is my dad eating dinner in the Belle's dining room in 1990.
And this is the Belle cruising Yaquina Bay in 1990.

Definitely a trip I'll not forget, and I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marshmallow farm?

Road Trip! Part Seven: The Rocky Mountains

Agate Windows