Amazing

Today my sweet dog Freckles is two years old. This was taken the day we met, at the Waldport Beachcombers parade. She was 10 months old.
That was in June of last year, the same week I joined Weight Watchers. And at my WW meeting today I hit my 40 pound goal. I can't even begin to describe how much better I feel. I still have a long way to go, but I'm a heck of a lot closer to my goal now than I was a year ago. Wowsers. As my friend Toni would say, "How exciting!!" I miss her.
So much has changed for me in the last year, it all feels like a whirlwind. And it's all good. Even the stuff that's been difficult... because I've learned so much from it all. And I'm thankful. I'm a better person for having gone thru it.
I'm taking Miss F to the beach this afternoon, she's been cooped up either in the house or in the studio so much lately, she really deserves a good run on the beach... she is so joyful when she's on her beach. Then I'm doing pictures at Toledo High School's Class of 1958 reunion - 50 years. Wow.
Tomorrow I'm going to OMSI and to the Bite of Oregon with my friend Bobby... should be a fun day. Looks like the weather isn't going to be all that great, but by now I'm certainly used to cloudy, cold, damp weather, even in August. I was chatting with my friend Candy the other day and we were lamenting the August weather or lack thereof... and she mentioned that we never really get to 'put away' our winter and/or summer clothes like normal people... we wear the same long pants, sweaters and sweatshirts all year round here at the beach. Ah well... it's a gorgeous place to be. And once in a while we get a warm, windless, awesome weather day. Those are the days we play hooky. :)
Have a wonderful weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Road Trip! Part Seven: The Rocky Mountains

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Agate Windows