Behind the Scenes

I was treated to a behind-the-scenes tour of the Oregon Coast Aquarium last night, what an amazing place. It's one thing to see the exhibits and such from the front, which you know I love, but it's quite another to see it all from the backside. AWESOME. This is the Passages of the Deep exhibit as most people never see it. See the walk-thru acrylic tunnel?
Also in Passages, in the section called halibut flats, this large halibut was swimming in circles at the surface. In the shark section, they were nosing up at the surface, checking us out... as soon as the lights were turned off, something really big jumped out of the water and made a lot of noise. Was pretty amazing.
This is a lion fish, he is waiting to go into the new Oddwater exhibit.

This seahorse is also in a holding area for the new exhibit, which will debut on Memorial Day weekend. I'm looking forward to my next tour, which we'll do when it's daylight out, and I can get some more photos. It was already dark there last night, and the lights were off, or were being turned off. So I'm really looking forward to doing this again. Yay!

Comments

  1. Hi ya Nancy Lynne ! I had an absolute fabulous time visiting with you ( My Aunt ) and my Grandfather Howdie ! Its not often a person gets that opportunity after nearly 40 years to meet their family ! I am truly honored and elated to have finally met you in person ! Thank you so much ! Love, Scott

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marshmallow farm?

Road Trip! Part Seven: The Rocky Mountains

Agate Windows