Spring fever

First off, Happy Birthday to my friend Kim. Now she's as old as I am.

Newport's Seafood and Wine Festival was this past weekend, and was a huge success. The weather was great, the people were out and spending money, and the festival theme was piratical, so it all came together as a great time. I poured wine for the local Sweet Adelines, and this is the figurehead that was created to decorate the booth. Everyone wore costumes and they (we) looked very much in the spirit of the event. What fun!
Yesterday Freckles and I met up with our friend Guy to traipse around on the beach and check out what fun things we could find down there. With his assistance, I found some AWESOME fossil pieces and brought them home to grace my backyard. If you are interested in fossils of any kind, I highly recommend taking a field trip with Guy - he is an absolute expert.
Miss Freckles enjoyed the two hours we spent down there too, she was a very happy dog. She laid down when we got home and slept the rest of the night. I like the sunbeams on the left side of this shot.
I put some pretty pansies in my flower boxes here at the studio today, spruced the place up quite nicely. The tree in my front yard is starting to get leaves on it. Yay!
I had dinner Saturday with my friend Amber at Chef's Place, the restaurant next to the studio... and now that I've enjoyed breakfast lunch and dinner there, I can say with absolute certainty that it is the best place to eat for miles around. The staff is friendly and accomodating, and Chef Wheeler himself regularly comes out of the kitchen to greet his guests and make sure they are happy campers. He even brought us cookies and milk! If you haven't been there yet, you need to go there. Tell him I sent ya.

Comments

  1. Thank you for the birthday wishes. Isn't getting older and wiser wonderful! I love the new web site and as always the wonderful photography. Others might try but, they will never meet your quality and artistic eye.
    Your Friend,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Road Trip! Part Seven: The Rocky Mountains

Marshmallow farm?

Agate Windows