TGIF

The most prevalent thought running thru my head today: a re-wording of the Christmas carol's title... It's the Most Difficult Time of the Year.

As 'family togetherness' and the associated alleged bliss is shoved down our throats by the media and consumerism all season long, those of us with estranged family find it extremely difficult to choke down. And when people we care about go thru hard times, it seems magnified exponentially simply because it's the holiday season.

I am eagerly anticipating the winter solstice tomorrow, because to me it signifies hitting rock bottom and bouncing back up into the light. The short, dark days will become ever-so-slightly longer and lighter with each passing one, until eventually I'll be able to not only feed my horses after work, but actually go out and ride them in the evenings. I am a sun-junky and can't wait for warm sunny days when I can tend my garden and watch it grow.

We all know the stats on depression and suicide during December, and it is so easy to see how and why that happens. Eric's moving out has left me feeling a lot of different things. Most of them are not happy thoughts and feelings.

However, I did attend the Sweet Adelines holiday party last night and had myself a wonderful time. I've missed those ladies so much, and when I told them, a few at a time, that I would be rejoining them, the reaction was absolutely wonderful. It'll be like going home again. What a wonderful group of women. From the gift exchange I received the most unusual stocking I've ever seen. It's in the shape of a tiny mink coat. It is absolutely adorable and I will treasure it forever.

Hang in there. Be kind to each other. It'll be over soon.

Oh, and the website seems to be working again. Check it out and let me know what you think. Constructive criticism is always welcome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Road Trip! Part Seven: The Rocky Mountains

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Agate Windows