Another trip around the sun...

They say it's your birthday... happy birthday to ya...

Yeah it's my birthday today (46! holy cow!) and I am hoping for one great gift in particular, and that is the Judge signing the divorce judgement. My fingers and toes are crossed. Would be an awesome thing to finally have that ugly, ugly chapter of my life closed.

Got City meetings today and the regular Council meeting tonite... our Mayor has promised me cake and ice cream! Woo hoo!

Oh, and I just got two big beautiful bouquets delivered here at the studio. How thoughtful!!

Here are the lyrics to the song mentioned in the title, by Jimmy Buffett and Martina McBride. A great song.

Hear 'em singing happy birthday
Better think about the wish I make
This year gone by
Ain't been a piece of cake.

Every day's a revolution
Pull it together and it comes undone
Just one more candle and a trip around the sun.

I'm just hanging on while this old world keeps spinning
And it's good to know it's out of my control.
If there's one thing that I've learned from all this living
Is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go.

No you never see it coming,
Always wind up wondering where it went.
Only time will tell
If it was time well spent.

It's another revelation,
Celebrating what I should have done
With these souvenirs of my trip around the sun.

I'm just hanging on while this old world keeps spinning
And it's good to know it's out of my control.
If there's one thing I have learned from all this living
Is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go.

Yes I'll make a resolution
That I'll never make another one.
Just enjoy this ride on my
Trip around the sun.
Just enjoy this ride
On my trip around the sun.

I'm thinking that Freckles and I deserve some beach time today too, since it's not raining and she has a lot of pent-up energy lately. I do too. Must be the approaching spring. There are daffodils in bloom already and my lilac at home is covered with buds. Yay!!

Hope you have an awesome day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marshmallow farm?

Road Trip! Part Seven: The Rocky Mountains

Agate Windows