Images of a Relay for Life

Just now getting caught up on all the images I captured last weekend... between the Relay and all the other jobs I had, it's been a whirlwind.

Wednesday night there was a Survivor's Celebration at the Aquarium. I ran into some very good friends there.

This is Jennifer Locklear and her daughter Abby. Jen headed up the Survivors Committee and has just done an awesome job of it. Her husband Morgan MC'd both the Aquarium event and at the Relay itself, and provided live music for the walkers.
This is Therese Bauer, she is the American Cancer Society Rep for our area. A very, very nice person. Thanks, Therese!!
Friday, the Survivor's Tent was where I spent most of my time, greeting survivors and capturing pictures as they got registered and all of their goodies...
The Color Guard led the Survivor's Lap.
Each survivor received a paper chain link for every year they have been cancer-free, and when they were all joined together, it was an amazing sight. Jen had rocking chairs next to the track so people could relax and watch the goings-on... and this beautiful and yummy cake was donated by JC Market.
The Relay was fun for young and old... Morgan's son and nephew enjoy the live music and all the hubub going on...
Later I caught Jen and Diane taking a well-deserved break in the Survivor's Tent...
The Luminaria ceremony is always so beautiful and moving...
Cancer is so close to each of us in so many ways... I think this event is so worthwhile... You can bet I'll be involved again next year. I sincerely hope you are, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marshmallow farm?

Road Trip! Part Seven: The Rocky Mountains

Agate Windows