What a weekend! Again!

We finally had some sunshine and warmer temps on Saturday, so after our meeting and breakfast my friend and I went to the Yaquina Bay Lighthouse to capture some photos. She is doing some research on the history of the lighthouse and wanted some shots for a paper she's writing. I just wanted to shoot the scenery, it's been so long since I've been able to do that.


We watched some surfers having fun near the bridge... the ocean was way too rough for surfing that day.


Then, we were treated to a luncheon at our friend Polly's house. Her husband donned a tux and waited on us hand and foot. What a blast we had. That's a summoning bell in her hand...
Then, as mentioned in my previous post, I attended the dedication of the signs proclaiming Business Highway 20 as Sharon Branstiter Memorial Drive. There was a good turnout of folks and the weather again was beautiful. Here is our interim Mayor Jim Chambers reading a long list of improvements that Sharon has accomplished for Toledo.
This is Sharon's daughter Marnie and Marnie's father Marv after they'd unveiled the sign. Marnie surprised me today with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers and a card that reads, "I just wanted to say Thank You for all you've done for my Mom!" Wow. Thank you, Marnie.
On the left is Norm Halsey of Halsey Sign, they donated the materials for the signs, and me on the right.
And this is my new business card design.
It's raining again today but I'm hoping we'll get some more sunshine later in the week. Another very busy week for me. Thanks for looking!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Road Trip! Part Seven: The Rocky Mountains

Marshmallow farm?

Agate Windows